Task 2 - Location Recces

Where am I filming?

Main setting/pig farm:
I am mainly filming in an abandoned pig farm in little/great melton. The pig farm has been abandoned from 2000s. I spoke to people who live near the farm and there used to be signs from 2000s saying trespassers will be fined, there where no signs when we to visit this sight and the fencing had fallen down. The pig farm become dangerous when a bad animal disease broke out. I like the setting of the farm, we walked through every building and it was dark and it was overgrown. The ceiling was caving in, we had to be careful whilst moving into the different spaces. 

I also liked the location of the pig farm, it was on the side of a small road, we passed no cars on our bikes on our way to the farm on the littler road. There was no car sounds when I did  a sound check, the noises where from either nature or from the people I was with. I had several images and videos, that I decided to make a video and have a soundtrack over the top to play with sounds. 






Seconded setting/ lampost alleyway:


I am filming in an alleyway, this alleyway has flicking lamppost lights which in the dark look like a scene from a horror film. I would love to film this location when the sun has just set and after it's rained because that would create the look of misery and negativity. I want to create this look to open up the film. I want to use this clip of an empty alleyway around 5 seconds, start with a long, slow shot then slowing get quicker the show the pace of the character's panic. This location was inspired by the famous lamppost scene from the exorcist. The alleyway is next to a main road, I haven't done a sound check because I am waiting for a calm evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Edward Scissorhands Ice Dance Scene

My idea